Amour SPHYNX Cattery
"AMOUR SPHYNX" CAT CONTRACT
Buyers Name: ________________________
City, State, Zip: _______________________
Phone, Fax, Email_______________________
Airport (optional) _______________________
Purchase Price: _______ Color: ________
Shipping Cost: _________ Sex: _________
Date of Birth: ________
PURCHASER AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Under no circumstances will this cat/kitten be sold, leased or given away to any pet store.
2. If for any reason you cannot retain ownership of said animal, breeder shall be given the right of first refusal.
3. This cat/kitten will be kept indoors and NOT allowed to roam outdoors.
4. This cat/kitten is purchased for Pet_____ Breeding_____
5. If this cat/kitten is found to be neglected or mistreated, purchaser will surrender said cat/kitten unconditionally.
6. Seller agrees to provide registration papers for this cat/kitten upon presentation of certificate of neuter/spay.
7. If this cat/kitten is purchased as a PET and not spayed/neutered by 6 months of age the buyer agrees to pay the seller the price charged for breeding rights at $2,500 for males, and $3,000 for females. If seller does not have spay/neuter certificates in hand after 6 months of age, or breeding rights are not purchased, the contract is then turned over to our attorney and buyer agrees to pay all fees incurred by Amour Sphynx Cattery.
8. Buyer agrees that this kitten/cat may not be declawed, and understands that declawing is a mutilation and a cruelty that is likely to alter the kittens temperament and health. Instead of declawing the buyer agrees to keep the kitten/cats toenails trimmed regularly, and to supply the kitten/cat with proper scratching materials and suitable training.
9. Payments: If the buyer, having put a deposit on a cat/kitten, should later change their mind about the purchase, the deposit will not be refunded. The buyer will have the option of purchasing a kitten at a later time where the deposit will be applied.
Upon its return, it will be replaced with another cat/kitten; if one is not available the purchase price will be refunded. This cat/kitten is guaranteed against congenital defects for one year. Should it die within 1 year as the result of a congenital defect, the cat will be replaced only if an appropriate autopsy is preformed and a vet's certificate is provided as proof of cause of death. A placement will be made of comparable quality and value, as available, at the discretion of the breeder. The breeder is not responsible for cats lost or stolen after acceptance by the airline carrier. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to file a claim in the event of loss, injury or death of the cat/kitten.
Please note: It is understood that the degree of hairlessness of the Sphynx varies from cat to cat and sometimes from season to season. No Sphynx is truly completely hairless. Hormones, food, temperature and genetics play an important roll in degree of hairlessness and even though a kitten may be almost hairless when it is sold it is possible that it may develop some hair as it grows older. It is impossible to guarantee that any Sphynx cat/kitten will not grow hair at some point in time.
Buyers Signature__________________________ Date__________
Sellers Signature___________________________ Date__________